The Public Procurement Office is a special organisation that performs professional activities in the field of public procurement, monitors the implementation of public procurement regulations, participates in drafting laws and other regulations in the field of public procurement and enacts bylaws in the field of public procurement, manages the Public Procurement Portal, records data on public procurement procedures and public procurement contracts, cooperates with domestic and foreign institutions and experts in the field of public procurement in order to improve the public procurement system, provides professional assistance to contracting authorities and bidders, contributes to creating conditions for economical, efficient and transparent use of public funds in the public procurement procedure.
The regulations on state administration shall apply to the work and organization of the Public Procurement Office, unless otherwise determined by the Law on Public Procurement (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia”, No. 91/19).
The Public Procurement Office performs the following tasks:
- prepares the strategy for the development and improvement of public procurement in the Republic of Serbia;
- monitors the implementation of public procurement regulations and prepares the annual report on the conducted monitoring;
- submits a request for initiating misdemeanour proceedings for misdemeanours prescribed by this Law, submits a request for protection of rights and initiates the implementation of other appropriate procedures before the competent authorities when, based on monitoring, it notices irregularities in the application of public procurement regulations;
- participates in the drafting of laws and other regulations in the field of public procurement and adopts bylaws in the field of public procurement;
- give opinions on the application of the provisions of this Law and other regulations in the field of public procurement;
- provides professional assistance, prepares guidelines, manuals, as well as other publications in the field of public procurement and ensures that they are equally accessible to contracting authorities and economic operators free of charge;
- collects statistical and other data on conducted procedures, concluded public procurement contracts and prepares a special annual report on public procurement;
- prescribes the procedure and conditions for obtaining a certificate for a public procurement officer and keep a register of public procurement officers;
- manages the Public Procurement Portal;
- undertakes the necessary activities related to the negotiations on accession to the European Union, in the field of public procurement;
- cooperates with domestic and foreign institutions and experts in the field of public procurement in order to improve the public procurement system;
- cooperates with other state bodies and organizations, bodies of territorial autonomy and local self-government;
- performs other tasks, in accordance with the law.